Thursday, January 15, 2009

Finally Finished Buttercup Beret

Here is my version of the Buttercup Beret, a pattern found online designed by Sweet Sassafras. This top photo was taken before I blocked it. It looked nice, but the shape wasn't quite right...


So I blocked it (soaked it in water and then re-shaped it). The second photo is the hat drying on a dinner plate...

And finally, I'm wearing the end result. Now it looks more like a beret and less like a pointy elf-hat. Not that I have a problem with elf hats, mind you! 

I'm liking hats right now. I think I'll be knitting up a few more before winter's over. --L

3 comments:

VOGUE VIGILANTE said...

Cute! I like the before & after pics. Before: little elf, After: Oui, c'est beret! - S

Unknown said...

Hi,

I would like to make a beret for my wife's birthday but I couldn't open the pdf from Sweet sassafras website (other knitters seem to share the same problem). I've tried to contact the owner via email but to no avail. Would you happen to have a copy of the pdf? If so, would you please be so kind and send me a copy to winnieenns@gmail.com?

Kind regards,

Winifred

Anonymous said...

Here's a link to get to the pdf file of the pattern. It worked for me when I just clicked on it. Hopefully it will work for you as well. --L

http://www.sweetsassafras.org/2008/01/10/buttercup-beret-free-knitting-pattern