Sunday, October 4, 2009

Vintage Happiness


Over the summer I've become quite the garage/estate sale junkie.  And during those times, I came upon some real finds!  One thing that I always have my eye out for are vintage patterns.  I remember the days when I could walk into my local thrift store I easily find some adorable patterns straight out the 1950's, but these days they seem harder to come by.  So, I was so pleased to find a whole stack of patterns for sale that I haggled down a bit on the price.  These are some of the better ones, at least by their picture on the front.  I don't know if I'll ever get around to making any of these (I still need to assess if all of the pattern pieces are there) but the fashion illustrations are so fun to look at.  I especially like the hairstyles- what great inspiration! 

I have another very special item that I acquired thanks to my friend Marge that I will hopefully blog about soon... here's a hint:  HATS!!! -S

No comments: