Saturday, September 13, 2008

What's New at New York Fashion Week



As the New York Fashion week comes to a close, I need to reflect on some of my favs... and some that are just fascinating. I'll start with my absolute favorite, Anna Sui! Her inspiration came from south of the border. Her textiles were amazing, as well as her shoes. Anna Sui, can I please come work for you?? And look, her models are smiling!






























A few other designers that stood out to me were Rebecca Taylor, doing some fun ethnic prints, and Jason Wu (the yellow & blue look) very cute. Marc Jacobs created a sort of Mary Poppins goes Grunge. Awesome!














Betsy Johnson channeled Johnny Depp, ala Pirates, with these almost costume like frocks. And lastly, Alexandre Herchovitch, a rather brilliant Brazillian designer, found a way to make models look, well, bigger than they are in this ensemble. Very interesting. -S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tres chic, tres, tres chic. Anna Sui's are probably my faves, too, though as you know I'm not into short dresses. Gotta love the mary poppins goes grunge as well! --L

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph, I love your choices. Very cool stuff. --Tommy-Tom