Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cute as a Button!


As promised, here are some of our latest finished projects.  This is a Christmas present to my dear friend Monica, doesn't she look simply ripping?  My goal was to come up with a versatile hat/mitten set with just a little bit of red (to match her new red coat!).  Which is why I incorporated these sweet little vintage buttons (the one on the hat is bakelite).  The yarn is a new favorite I've recently become obsessed with.  It's a Michigan brand and must be the softest wool I've ever worked with (Stonehedge Fiber Mill - in case you're wondering).  As for the knitting patterns, the mittens are a variation on the ruffle mits from Boutique Knits.  The hat, however, was a little creation of my own.  I'm soo thrilled with how they both came out and soo happy that they are just as cute as their new owner. 


I've also completed a nice little hat for myself that I will be posting soon (made of the same yummy yarn).  In the meantime, enjoy the holidays and happy knitting!!! -S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monica sure does look "cute as a button" in your hand-knit accessories! Nice colors, too. --L